Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Work Life/ Personal Life balance


Anyone have it figured out? If so, please let me know....

I almost always find myself in this situation, no matter what the job. I struggle to maintain my identity as something separate from what I do. It does not define me. It's a part of my life. Yet when I spend so much of my time doing something that I am passionate about, it's hard to not let it mesh into other areas of my life. How do people do that, especially when a large part of it is creative work? I need to work on compartmentalizing things like boys do. Or maybe I am supposed to be like this. I don't know. It's 2:32 am. Maybe I should just go doorbell ditching or something to get my mind off it. Good mooooooooorning, neighbors!

Seriously though, folks. Words of wisdom and words of wit welcome.

No comments: