Friday, July 18, 2008

Journals: I Get Around


Totally guilty. I am guilty of being a journal starter, not a journal finisher. You see, I'll get on a writing kick- whether it be prose, random thoughts, rants or prayers, I'll go off for a while. Then nothing.

Nothing is worse than starting to write again in an old journal. I hate it. So, I start a new one. I love the feeling of hope and of the unknown when you have all of those blank pages in front of you. I make myself promise that I will follow through and be consistent... and so the cycle continues.

Blogging is so the stress free version of journaling. There are no blank pages waiting and staring at me in anticipation. There is no guilt, no running out of ink and no crossing out thoughts. I own it here. I own my thoughts whatever they may be.

So here I am.... Hello, my name is Brooke and I am a blogger.

Eww... that sounds so gross, but like I said, I will own my thoughts and not delete. Blech.

No comments: