Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I had a talk with a friend tonight who was frustrated with someone else. I often find myself in this situation, too. I get super annoyed by someone and want to change them instead of letting God change my own heart towards that person.

My goal is that I will question my own intentions, eventually questioning why they are the way they are. It's usually a combination of insecurity, pride, or that they are just broken inside. We all struggle with the same things, just in different forms.

When I finally get to the point where I get a glimpse as to why they might be that way, God fills my heart with love and compassion. I want to love on them, pray for them, encourage them. He is working on this is me and it reminded me of something I wrote a while back. It's still my heart.

eve speaks

Five year olds are sippin on Diet Cokes

While jr. high girls stick fingers down their throats-

Competing to be the first to choke.

The streets are full of Barbies looking for a Ken

Cuz society says we need attention from men.

Meanwhile housewives are hoppin the fence

Since the grass is greener on the other side.

And the rest of us are just as dense,

Saying, tan fat is better than white fat, as we all get fried.

Eve stares into her mirror,

Wondering if its from a fun house.

Shes overcome with fear.

Walls talk like on Pee Wees Playhouse.

Why is it all so distorted?

Eves realistic image has been aborted.

She says:

If my life is a circus,

I must be a freak show.

Im trying to live like Barbie,

But my plastic legs just wont go.

You talk behind her back,

But she hears- cut her some slack!

Eve sings:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me

Cuz Ive already thought of them.

My Lord sees Eve as a bouquet,

But she just sees a broken stem.

Hold up. Wait a second. Can I get a heeeeeeeeey?!

Hay is for horses, but Eve thinks shes a cow.

Wondering whats going on now?

Eve is an octagon trying to fit into a square.

She compares herself to other girls,

Thinking she doesnt have a prayer.

The radio is telling her to shake, shake, shake it.

Ads pressure her to fake bake bake it.

Get a corporate job, or shell never make make make it.

And if she doesnt give it up, hes still going to take take take it.

Like wool over her eyes,

Eve believes the lies.

Cuz Satans always down to manipulate.

Anything so we cant concentrate.

And what do we do as women?

We perpetuate the lies.

Were all in some sort of bondage,

But were tightening each others ties.

Its time all us Eves digest our food

And instead regurgitate the lies.

It doesnt depend on your mood.

The Lord hears your cries.

When Eve sees a beast God sees a beauty.

We were created in Christs image.

Loving him is a blessing, not a duty.

Eve sees herself as one thing,

God sees another.

Shes a daughter of the King,

So are you, your sister and your mother.

Have you read the Bible?

Seen the passion?

Ladies, living for God

Never goes out of fashion.

Talk to Him, He understands.

Dont believe me?

Check out His nail pierced hands.

Is your worth based on others approval?

Sure you can live like that.

Youd be a fool, though.

Jesus was rejected by men.

His own Father created them.

But He sacrificed His life and Hed do it again.

Want to talk about love?

Read Corinthians.

In 2nd grade some kid Eve fat.

25 years later shes still stuck on that.

Family, friends, ministry & work.

Shes bummed when she cant do it all.

Shes living on Red Bull & going beserk.

But being Superwomen was never her call.

Believe those lies & youre bound to fall.

Let me break it down for you:

We all see ourselves in some sort of view,

Often based on remarks made by a few.

And how we view God can affect us, too.

These are lies and then theres Truth.

And wait- Ive got proof:

John 8:32, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Isnt that what we all want to be?

Tonight were talking about self-image.

And serving you is our privilege.

Ladies, as Eves we crave unity

And tonight I will fight for each of us to be free.

The question is: will you join me?

I must say, before I leave,

Dear Beloveds, welcome to Analyzing Eve.

No comments: