Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Letting it all hang out

Last weekend I had a chance to let it alllll hang out, so I had some friends over on Saturday to do just that.

We made art. We got messy. We unfolded. We spilled our hearts, emotions and creative juices all over the yard as we worked in the sun, sipping sangria and sharing laughs. It was a beautiful day of connecting and releasing. I believe God was glorified.

I'm so thankful for days like that. I'm thankful for days when my home is full of people that I can feed and take care of, people that are free to put their feet up and express themselves without constraint. I'm thankful for the days when I can draw closer to the Lord with paint under my fingernails and gesso in my hair. I'm thankful for the days when I can look across the table at 10 amazing people and remember how blessed I am to have community.

I'm feel like, even though this week was just as stressful and heavy as the last, I could breathe a little easier. I feel lighter. And for that I am just really thankful.

No comments: